|Item Dimensions LxWxH
|15.5 x 10.5 x 16.5 inches
- OPAL NUGGET ICE, THE GOOD ICE – Serve up chewable, crunchable, craveable nugget ice that’s ready fast and retains its flavor, unlike traditional hard cubes; Refreshing nugget ice is made from compacted ice flakes and is perfect for cocktails, sodas and other beverages
- 24 POUNDS OF ICE PER DAY – Never run out of nugget ice; This ice maker produces one pound of fresh ice per hour and has a large-capacity bin that holds up to 3lbs of crunchable nugget ice
- SMART – Built-In Bluetooth Connectivity: Schedule fresh ice, monitor your ice maker’s status and order accessories, all through the app on your smartphone
- BATCH MADE ICE – Innovative design avoids clumping and leaks by recirculating melted ice to the water reservoir; You’ll always have fresh ice on hand thanks to a smart, automatic ice maker that refills when your ice is running low
- PORTABLE – Easily move your ice maker as needed. No water hookup required, just plug it into any 120v grounded (standard) electrical outlet and fill the reservoir with water. As ice melts, the water returns to the reservoir, where it will simply be made back into more ice.
- SIDE TANK: Produce approximately 3X more ice with a side tank that easily attaches to the ice maker.
- MAINTAINING FRESH ICE: Descale your Opal once a month or more frequently if you live in an area with hard water to keep your nugget ice tasting fresh and machine working smoothly. See product manual for more details on how to care for your Opal ice maker.
GE Profile Opal Nugget Ice Maker
Nugget Ice. Pellet ice. Drive-in ice. Whatever you call it, you know it’s “the good ice.” Those soft, yet crunchy nuggets – almost like tiny snowballs that float in your favorite beverage. Now that chewable ice is available from the convenience of your countertop, with the GE Profile Opal.
- Side Tank – Produce approximately 3X more ice with a side tank that easily attaches to the ice maker
- Automatic/Smart Refills – Always have ice at the ready with an ice maker that automatically powers on when ice is running low
- Three Pounds of Capacity – Always have all the ice you need with an ice maker that has three pounds (2.5 quarts) of capacity
- Portable Design – Easily move your ice maker as needed, thanks to a portable, compact countertop design that plugs into any electrical outlet
- Built-In Bluetooth Connectivity – Schedule fresh ice, monitor your ice maker’s status and order accessories, all through the app on your smartphone
Elegant & Compact Design
The Opal measures at just 10 ½ X 15 ½ X 17 ¾” — the perfect size for your home countertop.
Entertain with the Best Ice
Chewable, flavor-saving nugget ice has a light, airy texture perfect for party cocktails and beverages, or even tea and water.
Enjoy Ice in 20 Minutes
The Opal produces 1 lb. of ice per hour and the bin holds 3 lb. at a time.
How Does it Work?
Traditional ice makers freeze water into a hard ice cube. Opal nugget ice is made by scraping the ice flakes off the inside of a chilled stainless steel cylinder. The flakes are extruded through a round hole, compacting them into chewable nuggets like a snowball.
Technical Features & Troubleshooting Notes
Included Features Triple wall clear plastic pull out ice bin, ice scoop, drip tray, gallon side tank Fully Drainable No trapped water Fully Flushable For cleaning cycle UV Water Treatment Yes Filter (not included) P4INKFILTR – 3 Month Replacement Troubleshooting Error 1 Unit alerts to add water when reservoir is full (switching blue light ring) (1) Inadequate water flow – Follow descale procedure manual page 9 of Use of Care (2) Air in water lines – Clearing trapped air requires manual priming of the unit. Remove white water filter or metal particulate filter. In a rapid plunger like movement, press finger at reservoir outlet 4 times to force water into lines Troubleshooting Error 2 Low quantity ice or unit continues to enter defrost (slowly falling white light ring) (1) Inadequate Cooling – With unit off, using a vacuum, clean the vent on left side of the unit to remove dust/debris (2) Improper Spacing around unit – Ensure unit has a minimum of 3 inches of clearance around the side and back walls of the ice maker for proper air circulation Troubleshooting Error 3 Hardwater stains in reservoir/back wall/ice bin (1) Descale procedure manual page 9 of Use and Care